Plea in high court against change in exam evaluation system | Radice-Edu Blog

 

 

eds

Image Source: Google Images

 

A group of students of Sacred Heart School at Thevara, Cochin who will appear for Class X CBSE board examination next academic year, has filed a petition in the high court against the sudden change in the exam evaluation system.

According to the petition, the central board of secondary education (CBSE) must extend the existing continuous and comprehensive evaluation (CCE) for one more year as students who are going from Class IX to X will be unable to adapt to the sudden change in the evaluation system.

Earlier this year, the CBSE had issued a directive suggesting that starting from the next academic year, CCE mode of evaluation would be replaced with a new system.

“The new system for Class IX and X is that there will be one major annual examination, which will include the entire syllabus that is taught during the academic year. The annual exam will have an 80% weighting and the rest 20% will be taken from the internal evaluation. From the three internal evaluations, the best two performances will be chosen,” said Fr Antony M, principal of Sacred Heart School.

He said the decision to introduce the new system has come all of a sudden for students who will be entering Class X. The guardians are worried if the students will be able to cope with the sudden change.

“Parents were happy under the CCE evaluation system as students had time to focus on extra-curricular activities,” said Francis K A, general secretary of Kerala Sahodaya Complexes. Fr Antony said that changing the mode of evaluation has its positives as well.
“Students were finding it hard to cope with the syllabus in Class XI and XII, where they will have the entire syllabus for the annual exam in the previous academic years as well. So, when they were suddenly pushed into the new system they found it quite difficult. So, the new evaluation will reduce that pressure,” he said.
“But the introduction of the new system directly into Class X and that too for board exams has come all too soon for students who has been studying under the CCE system for many years,” he added.

Source: Times of India

Personalised E-Learning for Class 10 CBSE students at Radice-Edu

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Plea in high court against change in exam evaluation system | Radice-Edu Blog

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s